- Lack of visibility to production, did not know performance until shift complete being too late to react.
- Efforts to smooth production were ineffective.
- Crews took 3-4 hours to start producing at the beginning of every shift.
- Each area no idea what the other area was doing.
- Monitor and Increase operations performance
- Reduce wastes and improve operations performance
- Improve production capacity
Kaizen Institute Canada allocated a Senior CI Consultant with strong facilitation skills and experience to deliver on operational objectives for the mine.
- Implemented Visual Management.
- Created KPI’s.
- Developed Operational Standard Work.
- Created standard communication and daily organization process.
- Implemented abnormality management process, course corrections early in the shift to end on or ahead of production targets.
- Eliminated periods in shifts with zero production through crew/machine coordination, smoothed production.
- Exceeded annual Production Nameplate Capacity target by 10% (100% increase from previous nameplate)
- Completed Canpotex Run ahead of target completion date.